Running a tour operator company is an exciting and competitive business. How to market your tour company is both a technical hurdle and a creative opportunity. Don't put all of your advertising eggs in one basket. The best marketing uses a multi-pronged approach to reach potential customers in many different ways.
There are a number of strategies to create a marketing plan for tour operators. The main areas to focus on are building an appealing and user-friendly website, capitalizing on the power of SEO, and leveraging your brand on a wide variety of social media platforms.
Creating a Compelling Website
What's the first thing a customer does when they're looking for a tour company? For many people, it will start with a search that takes them to your website. Since this is the first impression potential customers may have of you, make sure it's the right one.
- Have appealing, professional-looking images up.
- Make sure your site is mobile responsive and that it looks as good on a wide computer screen as on a small phone.
- Don't forget about analytics, which will tell you how consumers find your site, which pages they look at, and how long they stay.
- Create a streamlined, uncluttered website that is easy to navigate. You want customers to find what they're looking for easily.
Call the Experts
Hire a professional website developer if your web page needs help. You want someone who's more than just a designer. It's important that your developer has a good knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques like the website sales funnel. This funnel is the steps a customer goes through from first seeing your page to making a booking or contacting you for tour information.
The Power of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It can be challenging to master tour operator marketing, but the right SEO strategy can help you stand out from the crowd. Unless you're an SEO genius yourself, this is another area where it's a good idea to hire outside help. Trends and strategies are constantly changing and the big search engines can alter the whole landscape of SEO at any moment. The right expert can put your web presence on the cutting edge and keep your company visible.
Embrace the Power of Social Media
Social media is a great way to raise awareness of your business, but you have to find the right platform. This will depend on both your interests and abilities as well as which customer base you're targeting. Through the effective use of social media, you can improve your brand recognition. That will lead customers to be funneled to your website and booking pages.
Remember that, no matter what platform you use, social media and analytics go hand in hand. You need to understand who your audience is, how they behave, and which images, posts, and ad campaigns appeal to them. Here are some platform-specific tips and tricks:
Facebook has one of the largest user bases of any social media sites. It also has a diverse audience of people of all ages and lifestyles. In fact, older generations who won't touch other forms of social media will often have a Facebook page. So what works well here?
- Images and videos of your tours.
- Engagement with related Facebook groups.
- Contests and special promotions.
- Advertising campaigns that target carefully selected demographics.
Twitter is much more text-based than Facebook, and a lot of companies have gotten a competitive advantage in 140 characters or less. Its user base tends to be highly engaged and this is a great site for reaching people with quick messages. Here's how to get the most out of each Tweet:
- Jump straight to the point. You don't have the space to ramble.
- Use hashtags to expand your company's reach.
- Keep an eye out for rising trends that you can leverage as a marketing opportunity.
- Post breaking news or promotions that require quick action.
Instagram is one of the best ways to share pictures, making it a perfect fit for the travel industry. How do you master this social media site?
- Create glossy and appealing images that people will want to engage with.
- Develop your company's own unique and catchy hashtag.
- Post current photos and keep your area of the social media site up-to-date.
- Experiment with visual styles and filters to find the right fit for your company.
Supercharge Your Company's Growth Through Clever Marketing
Are you ready to go head to head with other tour companies in your area? With a diverse marketing strategy, you can leave the competition in the dust and build up an ever-expanding client base. To do this, you want to reach potential customers where they are: on various social media platforms. Once they wander onto your website, give them a streamlined and appealing experience. Even if they aren't ready to book a tour now, you'll have built a positive association in their minds. These potential customers will be more likely to use your services in the future.